superwomanlmm

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Here I am!

What a trip I had. I got to bed around 2am and woke up at 4am. I arrived at the airport an hour before my flight, waited in line to check in only to find out I was in the wrong line. I had to be on the other side of the airport. I ran there, convinced him to squeeze me in and had to pay $50 because my luggage was 4 lbs too heavy. By now I was running late. I ran up the stairs and the security line was about half a mile long. I asked a security guard if I could go ahead because at this point my flight was leaving in 15 minutes. She glared at me, shook her head and pointed to the end of the line. About ten minutes later as I neared the front several people who were also running late just ran to the front of the line and went through. I was not happy. It was about this point that I realized I did not have my wallet on me....awesome. I got through security, ran to my gate, surprise, I missed my flight by 5 minutes. Grrrr...

I called my mom and she did not have my wallet, the number for my internship was in it so I did not know how to let them know I would be on a later flight. I re-traced my steps and asked a bunch of workers if they had seen my wallet, no one had and there was no lost and found. Finallly someone suggested I check at the police station. I walked in and he knew what I wanted, handed me my wallet and I was off. My connecting flight in Chicago was delayed 2 hours, so I sat around for 3 hours. It was a long, long trip.

I made it safely and I'm loving it here. The people I'm working with are great and the couple I'm living with are so sweet. Even though I haven't been here long, I love it. I miss you all so much, take care.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Glad you made it. Good thing some honest person handed your wallet in. I would have kept it and held it hostage for ransom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home