superwomanlmm

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pastor Lisa...

Where do I begin? I have a job in Wisconsin as a youth pastor. I begin October 1st and am so excited. They've never had a youth pastor before so I'm starting from scratch. Between 6 and 12 teens show up for Sunday school and family night so it's a very small group. There is a large section in the basement of the church that is dedicated to the youth that is just waiting to be painted and decorated. There's an open area for playing games like dodgeball and a couch area with a large screen tv. There's also about 4 classrooms that are used as storage right now, one of which will become my office. I can paint it and decorate it and furnish it however I want. I can't wait to see how God is going to use me in this next stage of my life. My question for you is do you have any ideas? Curriculum, decorating thoughts, outing suggestions? I need all the help I can get. This is a huge responsibility and I'm up for the challenge but just trying to figure out how and where to begin.

7 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger S.I. said...

NO, WISCONSIN IS FARTHER FROM STEPH!!! NOT GOOD!

WHat does God have to put teens before Steph?

:-)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger superwomanlmm said...

Great ideas Gab, thanks so much you've got my mind going even faster than it was before. Steph I'm sorry :( There are so many places I would love to be right now, but I think in the center of His will wins hands down :) I'm sure we'll see each other again, it's a small world after all.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger S.I. said...

don't worry, I agree. Hopefully one day the center of His will includes a trip to Jersey:-)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger thespearfamily said...

Hey Lisa,

I am sure that you will have way cooler ideas than me, because you were student fellowship person and you did awesome at that.

The main thing that I have learned here is that no ammount of programming will make up for relationships. Doing stuff with them individually and building relationships will set the stage for a much deeper ministry long term. Don't forget about programming though...not that you would...

Anywho, cool ideas...I have tried everything and nothing really works with our teens.

Ben

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger S.I. said...

hey, can you e-mail me your address? It's my first name dot immordino at gmail.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kirk said...

Hey congrats Lisa I'm sure you will do an amazing job. Of course (and this would never get old) since you are in the cheese state I think you should use cheese as a theme for everything you do for say .... about... 6 years. They will love it.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger superwomanlmm said...

I don't know Kirk that's kind of cheesy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home