superwomanlmm

Saturday, June 24, 2006

What to do, what to do...


<--- Katie, Me, and the girls of Madeline Island

Life has been extremely busy lately. I counseled at kid's camp for a week. It was a ton of fun! I was in a cabin with 12 3rd and 4th graders by myself. They were amazing. I had them asleep every night by 11:30 and they didn't wake up until I woke them at 7:00. It was a great time for me to get to know the girls a lot better and to really pour into their lives. We had some awesome devotions together and powerful prayer times. It's all about having child-like faith.

This past weekend we hosted district conference at our church. I helped out and led the children's sessions in the morning and evenings along with the youth activities at night. Talk about long days. I was at the church from 9:00am till 11:00pm. But of course I had a lot of fun. It was really good seeing so many people that I've met over the years, sort of like a reunion.

Today we had a car show at the church to raise money for a Guatala mission trip and I ran a car wash for our teens mission trips. Again I was at the church all day, except today I was outside and loving it. We washed about 20 cars and I got a little sun burned and pretty wet. Good times, good times.

As far as future plans go; there's still nothing set in stone, but I think I'm going to see about getting a job in town for the summer and continue to look for a more permanate possition. And here's a question for you... A lot of people are looking for youth pastor possitions for me, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I think that because I'm so close in age to the older youth, and percieved as younger because I'm single and not really tied down to anything I wouldn't really be looked at as a leader or an athority figure, I'm more seen as a companion or friend. So the question is leader or companion? Do you think I would be ready for a youth pastor possion, or do I need to wait a while? Of course if God's tells me to be a youth pastor I'll go, but this is just something I've really been thinking about lately.

6 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hey Lisa, I think I could totally see you do a Youth Pastor position.
I know how hard it is to be a leader but not taken by the youth as a leader/Pastor, it can be difficult, but I found youth enjoy that, because they know you and can be good friends as well.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger thespearfamily said...

Lisa

Ministry does require respect, but respect of character is much more important than respect of age. Relationship is the one thing that gives you the ability to really minister to someone in a lasting and meaningful way.

There are chalenges in ministering to people who aren't much younger than you (I am only 23 and have a serious baby face), but in the last few months I have learned that when you live respectably and walk with the Lord, they will respect you.

So...here is the real question:

What is GOD telling you to do?

Who cares about everyone else?

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, I'm pretty sure youd make an awesome youth pastor right now, but theres a difference between being "ready" in an outward sense and ready in an inner sense, so if you feel like God is telling you that you need some time, then thats what you should do... but from an outsider's perspective, I'd say you seem like youre ready.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger S.I. said...

You should be a youth pastor only if it means you're gonna move to Jersey:-)

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Volkswagens microbus Malay pc games national fire alarm code book marketing casestudy students online canadian nexium order online d web site design and promotion Bulk mailers Capac web site marketing voyeur playa nudista Simpletech sti pcdlt harddrive mirroring kit for toshiba prescription diet pill Halo projectors percon barcode scanner jacuzzi hot tub pictures

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home