superwomanlmm

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Update

It's been two weeks since I've started my new job as youth pastor. It's been a lot of fun getting to know new people even though I miss old friends a lot. In the past week I've had dreams about people from Hayward, New York, Bethany, and Grand Manan it's been really weird because some of them have been mixed together. Youth group is going great so far. Before I came Sunday school averaged about six, but since I've been here we've had between ten and twelve. Wednesday nights have also had ten both weeks. I have two awesome leaders that have a passion for the youth and are a huge help to me. Since there's a sup-section of the church that's the "youth area" (a new name is on the way) I've been opening it up after school for the teens to come and hang out. So far I've had anywhere between 3 and 10 teens come and just chill. We've been working together to paint my office which has been a huge sacrifice for some of the teens because they really liked the paint job it originally had. It was all black with neon words everywhere. We painted it purple, but it was way too light and looked terrible, so we spongue painted a darker purple over it and it's a lot better now. Next we'll add some bright colors to it to lighten it up a bit. The window use to be boarded up, but now that's taken out so it's a lot brighter in there. This weekend I'm going to start taking some teens out for hot cocoa and some one on one time. So, in a nut shell that's where I am right now. Oh and just in case you're wondering (because everyone asks) there's no one my age here at all, so yes I am still very much single. The three questions people ask me when they first meet me, "where are you from?" "how did you end up in Wisconsin?" and "are you here alone, or (awkwardly) with a husband?" Let me tell you, there is no time for a man in my life. They're too distracting and time consumming, so being single right now is good.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Oh we're distracting. That's right really distracting. Miss you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home