superwomanlmm

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hallucinations

I was watching a show late last night, early this morning called the 4400. I'd never seen it before and even though I was extremely tired I found myself caught up in the story. A new drug had been discovered that caused it's users to hallucinate. This drug was put in food, cookies mostly and distributed by one person, so those "using" the drug didn't realize they had been affected. The victims would begin seeing and having a conversation with a person from their past who they had unresolved issues with. These hallucinations would follow them around, bringing up the persons hurts from their past. In some cases it was an ex-boyfriend who had cheated, an abusive uncle who had passed away, or even a deceased father. Through the course of the show the characters discovered that the only way to rid themselves of this badgering imagination was to spend time with this person and after years of burrying the pain, dealing with it. At the conclusion the man distrubuting this drug was caught and shared that his intentions were to help people deal with their burried pain.

Throughout the show I found myself thinking, "if this were to happen to me, who would my hallucination be?" Who is the person or persons in my past that I still have burried bitter feelings toward? Are there people in my life that if standing in front of me right now would stir up all kinds of emotions I thought I had dealt with? Are there unresolved issues from my past that are affecting my life presently? Unforgiveness can ruin your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home