superwomanlmm

Monday, February 05, 2007

Ministers and Mates?

I went to this retreat last week called The Ministers and Mates Retreat. Basically what it is is all the Wesleyan pastors in Wisconsin and their spouses get together at a resort for three days and hang out and go to a few seminars and stuff. Being a Wesleyan pastor in Wisconsin I went. I was quite excited when I discovered where we were going. We stayed at the Three Bears Lodge in Jellystone Park, Yogi the Bear's Home! I got to see Yogi, Bobo and Cindy hybernating in their rooms, it was pretty sweet. Well, the first rally begins and they introduce all the new Pastors, of course (other than Chris Atkins who is engaged) I am the only single person there. About four or five couple were introduced and then me and the person introducing us concludes with, "So let's welcome these new couples...oh, and other people." There were comments like that made all three days. Honestly I was not offended in the least, I thought it was pretty funny because no one was sure how to address the single girl in the room. At one point someone turned around and said, "Lisa we need to find a handsome young man for you, you're just too pretty to be standing there alone." I confess I do agree, but in good time. It was great fun and I was able to connect up with some really good friends from my internship. I also got to go in a hot tube outside when it began snowing, it was beautiful and probably would have been very romantic had I had a "mate" with me, but that's ok, I'd better enjoy being single while I am able.

9 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger matthew said...

haha, yeah this reminds me of my ordination a while back. all the other people being ordained were married and they were quite sure how to phrase things with me.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure we'll be able to find you SOMEONE in this little old town!! hehe!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Don't necessarily just give up the idea of being a nun. I've learned a lot about nuns from the movies and tv. For example nuns can fly. They lead choirs really well and can make great outfits out of curtains. Not to shabby if you ask me.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger S.I. said...

Yeah, I'm feeling better about being single myself. Maybe it's because I am so busy right now. Definitely helps. Who is Chris Atkins engaged to now?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger superwomanlmm said...

Well, Kirk I can already do all those things without being a nun.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger superwomanlmm said...

Steph, I only met her once and I can't remember her name or where she's from, sorry.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

I'm sorry I doubted your abilities. Never again. Never again.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Kirk said...

Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday. People dying everywhere. People crying do you care? Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday and you're one year closer to death. (Wow this song seems much more effective when I sing it. Reading it just now it seems morbid.) Any ways happy birthday for real!!!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Even longer time no post. I am going to wait one week for a response. If I don't get one I will assume the worst. (you are a hab fan)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home